How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Little Mill Carpentry & Construction collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
• visitors to our websites;
• complainants and other individuals in relation to a data protection or freedom of information complaint or enquiry;
• people who use our services
• people who buy our products
• job applicants and our current and former employees.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.littlemillcarpentry.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
However, should you wish to delete or disable the cookies, you can do so by referring to the ‘Help’ option on the menu bar of your browser. This will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies; notify you when you receive new cookies; and disable cookies altogether.
Security and performance
Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Little Mill Carpentry website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the Little Mill Carpentry website.
How we use your information?
Little Mill Carpentry offers various services to the public.
1. Contact you by telephone, email and post to discuss your situation and objectives to be able to recommend the relevant solutions and services for your requirements
2. Carry out the services provided to you as laid out in our quotation.
3. Communicate with you in future regarding further services we offer that may be of benefit to you or your organisation.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to do any of the above, we must collect and store your data firstly for us to carry out our business activities. We will ensure that the information collected will only be used for its intended purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd may wish to contact you for marketing purposes, however we would contact you for additional consent for that purpose if not already given.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We may occasionally pass your details onto one of our recommended referral sources, this would only be done at your request, no personal details will be passed to other contractors unless requested.
How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
Processing data constitutes as collecting, storing and using. We will process this data in accordance with the GDPR. We have robust system in place to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it longer than is necessary. Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd may issue occasional contact all customers in order to keep their contact details up to date and will update them accordingly.
Please be advised that there is information that we are required to keep in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes.
Under what circumstances will we contact you?
We will only ever contact you when necessary, or when we think it would be beneficial to you, or when asked to do so. We do not mean at any point to intrude or ask for unnecessary information. We will do our best to ensure that the information we hold is as secure as possible to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Job applicants, current and former Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd employees
When individuals apply to work at Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd, we will only use the information they supply to us to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted.
Once a person has taken up employment with the Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
Complaints or queries
Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd's collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below:
368 Tonbridge Road, Little Mill, East Peckham, Kent TN12 5LE.
If you still feel that we have not addressed your complaint in a fair or reasonable manner you may contact the ICO and click on report concern, to submit a complaint to them.
Access to personal information
Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any data and you may contact us to request this. This is known as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) and you must request this in writing (either by post or email), providing the necessary identification before any information is released. If Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd do store any of your personal data, you may request information on the following:
• Identity the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
• Contact details of the GDPR Controller, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To make a request to the Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes.
Special categories of personal data
Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd does not intentionally collect any special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information). Sensitive personal information includes: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; information concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation.
Where the disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 15.08.2020.
How to contact us
Little Mill Carpentry & Construction Ltd
368 Tonbridge Road
Data Protection Officer email: Felicity@amherstaccountancy.co.uk